Looking to Complete an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a great study route for anyone who would like to gain practical hands-on experience while completing a nationally recognised qualification. In most cases the qualification is funded by the Government and your employer, which means you won't be stuck with a costly student loan when you've completed your studies.
Perhaps the best thing about completing an Apprenticeship is that you'll earn money while studying.
What else should I know?
- Most Apprenticeships last 12 months or more, depending on your chosen framework
- While completing an Apprenticeship you must be employed to complete the practical element of the training programme
- Wages vary depending on your employer, but must not be lower than the national minimum.
Where will my training take place?
As an apprentice most of your training will take place on-the-job and some of your learning will be completed with your ATT Learning Coach. Your Learning Coach will provide your training at your employer premises or at one of our ATT Centres, depending on the course.
Apprenticeships are for all ages and can be completed up to degree level, making it a good alternative to University.
There are over 150,000 employers offering Apprenticeships in more than 200,000 locations, covering more than 170 sectors and 1500 job roles*. It's a key government educational route and championed by some major employers such as HSBC Bank Plc., Jaguar Land Rover, Procter & Gamble, Nestle UK Ltd, Virgin Media, BAM Nuttall Ltd, Serco Limited and Boots Opticians, to name a few.
*National Apprenticeship Service Data
By choosing an Apprenticeship you will benefit from:
- Getting paid: Unlike other education routes, Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work, get paid and also gain the qualifications recognised for your chosen career. It’s a job for at least 30 hours a week.
- On the job learning: Working whilst learning provides an excellent insight into your chosen job and allows you to put your training into action to benefit you and your employer. You will obtain qualifications respected by employers around the world. As all Apprenticeships are designed in conjunction with employers, you can be confident that the skills you will learn will be what your employer needs.
- Job sustainability: The majority of apprentices (85%) will stay in employment with two- thirds (64%) staying with the same employer*
- Stand out: Employers think that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications†
- Career growth: Not everyone wants to get promoted, but if you have career aspirations your Apprenticeship will place you in good stead. A third (32%) of all former apprentices have received a promotion within 12 months of finishing, and of those in work, 75% reported taking on more responsibilities.†
*Evaluation of Apprenticeships for Learners, BIS May 2012 †ICM Employers Research, 2013 - Information obtained from the National Apprenticeship Service Website (January 2014)
I'm not sure I'm ready for an Apprenticeship
Please contact us today, to find out about our current Apprenticeship opportunities.